Monday, July 6, 2009

June 2009





June 2009 was quite a month for me. I spent the first couple days in Rome, coming back to Thornbush on the 3rd. The next week or so I touched up the artcar. Here is picture of my friend Karen and myself at its debut at the Fremont Solstice Artcar Blowout.
Meanwhile, my mother, who had been under hospice care for 20 months, “flew away” on June 17th. We gathered the family together and buried her on June 27th. We are glad she is finally at peace. Thanks to all of you who sent your condolences.

The weather for June was the sunniest it’s been for something like 25 years. Now we are already talking about drought. Our stream is merely a trickle in places. The ocean spray is in bloom and the garden is bursting. Another sign of summer is the beginning of a stream of Thornbush guests. My high school pal Mary visited me for a few days at the end of the month. Here is a picture of our visit to the Lavender Farm about a mile up the road from us.

The Lumni Nation were honored guests at Friday Harbor’s Fourth of July parade. They paddled into the harbor on July 3rd. My sister and I shared hosting of several members of our family for the holiday with dinner at each of our houses along with the parade, some sing-a-longs, a pancake feed or two, and the fireworks over Friday Harbor.

No comments: